Baron Samedi expression, pose sheet and turnaround...

Having spotted several gaps in my work I decided to turn my attention back to Baron Samedi, creating facial expressions, poses and a turnaround sheet.

The sheet below was quite challenging as he is wearing round sunglasses. It's not until you try to express a character's emotions through their facial expressions that you realise how important the eyes are in this process. I think the fact I gave him a large and quite expressive mouth helped make up for this.

Below are two of several poses I wanted to play around with. Here the Baron is taking a good glug of rum and then sucking on a Cuban cigar, two past times he's notorious for.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black and white life studies...

Adapting my new work flow on one last illustration...

My final portfolio...