Adding gray tones to the life studies...


 Once I'd finished the line studies, I created a value scale and went on to select my favourite pose and draw the following image using the willow charcoal brush...

I started with a toned background but removed it later as I thought it looked better without. Still this wasn't quite the look I was going for so I changed to the script brush and created the following...


I liked this finish far more , it was more graphic and edgy. I'd also tried the airbrush as shown below but decided to use the script brush once more to go back and add basic values to all the original line studies.

Here are the three tone life studies...






I'm happy with these and already feel like I've started to improve. I now plan to concentrate for the rest of the day dividing my time between drawing more line drawings (especially male bodies as the female drawings above are stronger) and then making more value studies. Tomorrow I will look into anatomy studies.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black and white life studies...

Adapting my new work flow on one last illustration...

My final portfolio...