Designing Briar's head


Eve sent me a link to a YouTube video about using a bow staff (because that is Briar's weapon of choice) which was really good, I also thought I'd use the face of the instructor as a starting point for my design of Briar's head. Below is a picture of the instructor and above my first sheet of head designs. Starting top left I worked my way right trying to iterate as much as I could while keeping the same style of hair...

I continued to play around with the design changing the shape and height of the forehead and hairline as well as the angle of the nose and mouth..



I then asked Eve for feedback and she chose the design to the far right on the top line of the first sheet but asked if I could make the forehead smaller...


Eve then chose the head four along from the left and I went on to design another hair do for one of the other outfits for the character.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black and white life studies...

Adapting my new work flow on one last illustration...

My final portfolio...