Robo Samurai glow test in After Effects...

 


Last week I set myself the challenge of finishing the design of the Robo Samurai three-quarter view, creating a value study, experimenting briefly with different colours and making a final coloured image which I'm delighted to say, has all been successfully completed. The finished piece is shown above.

The very last thing I was really eager to try and achieve before having to stop in order to try and finish my end of semester video to submit, was a glow test in After Effects. As mentioned in the last post, I'd loved the idea of making the the energy source and eye of the Robo Samurai glow and pulsate using the the same techniques I'd used to animate a glow on my sword design in After Effects, mid-way through the semester.

To do this I had to save a PNG of the Robo Samurai minus the parts I wanted to animate, this is shown below..


I also saved PNG's of the eye and the energy source, there's no point in posting these as they wont show up very well. 

I took each of these files into After Effects and dropped them onto the time line, lined them up and followed the instructions I used in my previous post, 'Animating the glow and adding a textured boil to the sword'...

The result can be seen below...



Again I'm very pleased with this and will definitely be using this next semester when I animate other parts of the body. I maybe could have adjusted some of the settings when creating the glow but I think it works really well, so I'm happy. 

The next thing I'm going to develop will be the design of the other views of this character so I'm able to create a full body turn around and pose sheet. Then the plan is to break the body apart and onto separate layers and import into After Effects ready to animate. This will be some of the first work I do next semester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black and white life studies...

Adapting my new work flow on one last illustration...

My final portfolio...