Readjusting and finishing a sword design

 Yesterday I shared a mistake I'd made at a critical stage of designing a sword, I accidently placed the blade around the wrong way. Today I went back to the original drawing and flipped and adjusted this section of the drawing and then proceeded to colour it. 

Here's the new sketch...



I extended the curved part of the handle and decided to use a different colour and also to finish the blade in a different way. From looking at the style variations I played with when finishing the old design I decided I liked the use of the charcoal on top of the block colour and a thin black outline. You can see an example of this below in the middle column...


 

The final piece is shown below, I completed it using Procreate.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black and white life studies...

Adapting my new work flow on one last illustration...

My final portfolio...