Adding tones to storyboard frames in preparation for animatic

 


For the last couple of days I've been working in collaboration with a small team of my fellow students Rahul, Heather and Emma to produce a storyboard in preparation for creating an animatic to show at a group presentation with our other class mates. Here's part of my original sketches...


I starts with a shot of the entrance to the Barbarella Club, which then transforms into the iconic moon and the spoon symbol associated with Studio 54. The moon leans back and takes a bite from the spoon and morphs into a rotating smiley face, a symbol associated with the rave scene.

The end of the sequence was adapted with the removal of the record player and the overall tone of the animatic had been set by some very atmospheric work by Rahul for the start of the storyboard...








Everybody on the team has used the above artwork as a style and colour guide to try and create a unified finish so baring this in mind, I worked up my original idea using Procreate on my iPad. Here's the finished sequence.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black and white life studies...

Adapting my new work flow on one last illustration...

My final portfolio...